Parents start exploring new words when our little one starts using the word “why”. Yes, I started to explore new things when Innus ask the word why on seeing something.
The word Carambola….
I am fond of collecting unique stuff for my little one… and thus came a collection of fruits for her toy collection. The collection has a peculiar fruit for which am not sure of its name. Finally I started to Google and found it’s name as Carambola. Hurrah!, we learnt a new word. To add up the knowledge, I read a collection of site to know about the fruit.
The points I gathered are
- It’s known as star fruit.
- The fruit has ridges running down the sides, and when cut in cross section it resembles the star. Hence the name star fruit.
- It’s known as “Thambaratham” fruit.
- The fruit is categorised based on taste sweet and sour.
- Sour fruits has the season from end of summer to the middle of the winter.
- Sweet fruits has the season from summer to the autumn.
- Sour fruits has high italic acid
- The entire fruit is edible as fresh and can also be cooked.
- The plant is popular in South East Asia, the South Pacific, and parts of Asia.
- They are also grown as ornamental plants in some region where it’s not used as edible fruit.