Hallo! to all members of Iniyaworld family….Hope you are all doing good during this pandemic. Though we are new to this pandemic, the tech world has helped us to tackle this pandemic a lot. In fact its becoming our trend to try something unique from our kitchen for the past few years…and today its from our baking zone to add memories of our baking diaries.
We guess you might have done a google to know what Erdbeeren is all about seeing the title. Its nothing new and is commonly known as Strawberry. It was Iniya who compelled me to try this unique flavour..on going through her snaps in rewind series…..after the polaroids reached home. In case you have missed our rewind session here it is….
Meanwhile those who are following my blog, are familiar with some experiments I tried in cooking. For people who are new can land in the following link to have a glance on our trials. We used to wait for the perfect output to get the ingredients….since I am based on taste cooking.
The world famous red velvet cake, has its trademark red colour from its traditional dutch processed cocoa powder which gives this red colour. Nowadays, bakers bring the red colour using the food colour than the cocoa powder gradually altering the traditional cake. Lets try something unique than following the trademark red velvet cake.
- Butter – 100 grams
- Sugar 1 1/2 cups
- Egg – 2
- Butter milk 1/2 cup ( homemade)
- Strawberry flavour – 1 teaspoon
- Vinegar – 2 teaspoon
- All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cool butter to room temperature and beat them till it softens
- Add sugar little by little and beat till it softens.
- Beat one egg at a time
- Then add 1 tsp vinegar and mix well.
- Add strawberry flavour and mix well.
- Add flour in parts along with buttermilk(flour, buttermilk and flour always end with flour)
- Add baking powder, salt, baking soda and remaining vinegar and mix well.
Bake them for 30 mins in 160 degrees and here is our dessert table…..serve them in your unique style to rock the crowd.
Thanks to my little princess who makes me to try something unique to be unique…at the same time for her to enjoy during the making process and on the table.